Monday, February 20, 2012

Bon Ever!

"Bon Iver? Is that Bon Iver?!!!!" asked Jonathan, his voice rising by a decibel in excitement. He just heard the new CD that I popped into my computer. Until last night, I had no idea who they were, nor was I particularly allured. Curiosity was the only reason I played the music. "Yeah," I said matter-of-factly, feigning expertise.

The friend who gave it to me said that Bon Iver won something at the recent Grammy's. He wouldn't have given it to me if not for the fact that his CD player broke, and he had no way of playing the music. I took it because why not?

"Wooow! Look at Lea listening to Bon Iver. That's my most favorite band right now," Jonathan shouted from his room, obviously very impressed. "Matt gave it to me. Don't worry I'll share. Here." Lea yelled back as she turned up the volume to accommodate her roommate.

Unbeknownst to Jonathan, I kept thinking to myself, "Now how will I finish my budget with this sleepy music?" But alas the people pleaser in me won.

Half an hour of Bon Iver later, with a good cup of coffee and the nice crisp weather, I understood what the fuss is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment